For my third week of lunch meal prep, I decided to try a new recipe. I’ve discovered that packing my jars with healthy superfoods not only keeps me fuller for longer but also makes me feel great knowing exactly what I'm putting into my body. I had never cooked with quinoa before, so I wanted to give it a try.

Next time, I plan to add more flavors by incorporating additional ingredients—I felt like I was really missing kalamata olives! Despite that, I’ll definitely make this again with a few tweaks.

Below is the recipe I used. The beauty of these salads lies in their versatility—you can mix and match ingredients to suit your preferences. The key is to choose ingredients that can sit in the dressing all week. From my experience so far, placing beans at the bottom of the jar works really well.


I used 5 32oz Wide Mouth Ball Jars for this recipe


Dressing:
  • 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 small shallot, minced
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste

Salad:

  • 2 cups uncooked quinoa (cook according to package instructions)
  • 6 oz block feta cheese, crumbled
  • 15.5 oz can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
  • 1 English cucumber, chopped
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
  • 5 oz baby spinach
  • Sliced almonds, toasted
  • 3/4 cup shredded carrots

Instructions:

  1. Prep the Ingredients: Prepare all your ingredients in advance to make assembly easy.

  2. Cook the Quinoa: Follow the package instructions to cook the quinoa. I used chicken broth instead of water for added flavor.

  3. Make the Dressing: In a measuring cup, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, minced shallot, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste.

  4. Assemble the Jars: Evenly distribute the dressing at the bottom of 5 glass jars. Then layer the ingredients in this order: chickpeas, feta, cucumber, tomatoes, shredded carrots, sliced almonds, quinoa, and spinach.

  5. Serve: When you're ready to eat, pour the salad onto a plate or into a bowl and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Dinner Meal Plan

Recipe - Salad in a Jar - Greek Style Salad